Perception and Negotiation of the Scarp at Taurus-Littrow - Case 40058
Bell Laboratories Memo, October 12, 1972 by H. F. Connor
Digital Images by Eric Jones using a Kodak DC280.
Last revised 2 July 2001.
The following figures suggest that elevation values were assigned to points on a rectangular grid covering the site, hus defining an z(x,y) surface. An algorithm was then used to plot only z(x,y) points visible from the chosen observing point along with visible segments of lines joining adjacent points in the surface
- Figure 1 - Slopes at Scarp Region of Taurus-Littrow(104k;jpeg). Note that the feature now known as "Nansen" was provisionally named "Amundsen" at the time this figure was prepared.
- Figure 2 - View from the LM Window(112k;jpeg)
- Figure 3 - Viewing Locations(156k;jpeg). Note that this figure also shows portions of the planned EVA-2 traverse.
- Figure 4 - View of the Scarp from One Kilometer(116k;jpeg)
- Figure 5 - View of the Scarp from 1/2 Kilometer(112k;jpeg)
- Figure 6 - View of the Scarp from 1/4 Kilometer(120k;jpeg)