The Political Context of Apollo
- Decision to Go to the Moon: Apollo Project and the National Interest, John M. Logsdon, 1976, available in the secondary market.
- the Heavens and the Earth: a Political History of the Space Age, Walter A. McDougall, 1985. Winner of the 1986 Pulitzer Prize for History.
- Multiple Means to an End: A Reexamination of President Kennedy’s
Decision to Go to the Moon, Stephen J. Garber, Quest Vol.7 No. 2, Summer 1999. Scanned reprint available here.
- John F. Kennedy and the Race to the Moon, John M. Logsdon, 2010.
- Analyzing the new Kennedy Tape, John M. Logsdon, The Space Review, 31 May 2011, comments on a 18 September 1963 meeting between Kennedy and NASA Administrator James Webb. A recording of the meeting was released by the John F. Kennedy Library on 25 May 2011. Eight minutes of excerpts are available on YouTube. As Logsdon notes, Webb did about 90 percent of the talking.
Return to Journal Home Page