- What was the objective of
your research effort (could also be an operational effort from which
some knowledge was derivable)?
- How would you classify your
Basic researchto seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge
Fundamental researchto seek useful knowledge
Exploratory researchto identify perceived useful knowledge
Applied researchto pursue practical objectives
Programmatic researchto seek and provide knowledge for
Industrial researchto achieve economic benefits and meet
- Who were your customers? (Customers
are very widely defined as any entity/ individual who could use the
- Did you involve your customers
in the upfront planning?
- What kinds of communication
did you use (the form of the knowledge and the medium in which it was
- Who assisted you in this process?
- Was there a source of funds
dedicated to help you in this process?
- How has this knowledge been
- What was your incentive to
carry out this process?
- What mechanisms did you use
to gather feedback from the customers on the quality, timeliness, accuracy,
etc., of this knowledge?