Welcome to the Aircraft Division (AD)
NASA aviation fills a key support role to achieve NASA's Vision and Mission in science, technology and discovery. The NASA aviation community provides value to programs and projects through the use of unique and highly modified aircraft and Unmanned Aerial Systems to enable the NASA mission safely and effectively. As stewards of the taxpayer's dollar, NASA also strives to ensure that mission accomplishment does not result in duplication of effort or assets.
Joseph Walker, Director
GSA's Gold Standard Certificate for Aircraft Operations
The Aircraft Division provides leadership, oversight and coordination of NASA's aviation resources through focused, periodic functional reviews to ensure high standards of aviation safety and risk management; effective and efficient resource management; and the development and implementation of policies and guidance for the acquisition, use and disposal of aircraft in compliance with Federal and NASA regulation.
AD Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish/Implement NASA Policies and Procedures (NPD & NPR 7900) for all Agency Aircraft
- Policy Integration with Other Mission Support Offices
- Internal Controls & Reporting
- Inter-Agency Policy Integration & External Reporting
- Support Agency/Mission Directorate Goals & Objectives
Aircraft Division Office - 202-358-2131