of Safety and Mission Assurance
assure the safety and enhance the success of all NASA activities"
The Office of Safety and Mission Assurance (OSMA)
assures the safety and enhances the success of all NASA activities through
the development, implementation, and oversight of Agencywide safety,
reliability, maintainability, and quality assurance (SRM&QA) policies
and procedures. Included in OSMA's activities are:
- Establishing and assuring compliance with NASA
safety and mission assurance (SMA) strategies, policies, and standards.
- Fostering early integration and life-cycle implementation
of safety, reliability, maintainability, and quality assurance (SRM&QA)
into NASA's programs and operations.
- Improving methodologies for risk identification
and assessment, and providing recommendations for risk mitigation
- Performing independent safety and mission assurance
(SMA) assessments and process verification reviews
- Providing analysis and recommendations for critical
Agency safety decisions.
- Sponsoring the innovation and rapid transfer
of SRM&QA technologies, processes, and techniques to improve safety
and reliability and reduce the cost of mission success.
Headquarters Home Page
NASA Privacy Statement,
Disclaimer, and Accessibility Certification
This page was last updated on April 27, 2007
Responsible NASA official: Terrence W. Wilcutt
Loewy / OSMA