Please Note: This program has been suspended.
The QASAR Award Program promotes quality, safety, leadership, productivity, performance, teamwork, and improvement throughout NASA. The award recognizes individual government and contractor employees at NASA Headquarters and Centers who have demonstrated exemplary performance in contributing to the quality and/or safety of products, services, processes, or management programs and activities.
All NASA employees may nominate individuals for the QASAR awards. The QASAR award process will be performed electronically using the Safety and Mission Assurance Requirements Tracking System (SMARTS) at http://smarts.grc.nasa.gov/app/index.cfm. QASAR award contacts and Safety and Mission Assurance Directors should open an account. Each Center and Headquarters may submit one nomination for each category to the QASAR Award Board for review and selection. Thank you for your continued support of this program. If you have any questions, call Ms. Kelly Kabiri, QASAR Program Manager, (202) 358-0590.
- Dec 15 The nomination period closes
- January SMA Directors review and evaluate and confirm winners
- February Winners invited to PM Challenge where QASAR Award winners are announced.
Starting in 2010, the five categories are now:
- Most significant safety or mission assurance (SMA) contribution from within the NASA SMA organization
- Most significant safety or mission assurance (SMA) contribution from within the NASA SMA contractor organization
- Most significant safety or mission assurance (SMA) contribution from outside the NASA SMA organization
- Most significant safety or mission assurance (SMA) contribution from outside the NASA SMA contractor organization
- Lifetime achievement
2011 Award Winners:
Category 1: Teri Hamlin/Johnson Space Center
Category 2: Joseph B. Hamilton/Kennedy Space Center
Category 3: Francis Merceret/ Kennedy Space Center
Category 4: Venki Venkat/Langley Research Center
Category 5: Humberto "Bert" Garrido/ Kennedy Space Center