NASA Headquarters Blood Drive - Schedule Your Own Appointment
Date: Thursday, June 21, 2012
Time: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Location: MIC 6
There is always a need for blood transfusions in our communities, and with your help, the American Red Cross can continue to meet these needs. By hosting a blood drive at NASA Headquarters, we are providing essential support to blood recipients in our community.
The American Red Cross is planning to bring one Double Red Cell donation machine to the June 21st drive. A Double Red Cell donation is similar to a whole blood donation, except a special machine is used to allow you to safely donate two units of red blood cells during one donation while returning your plasma and platelets to you. To learn more about Double Red Cell donations visit: http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/types-donations/double-red-blood-cells-donation
To schedule an appointment for the June 21st NASA Headquarters Blood Drive follow these simple steps:
- Go to http://www.redcrossblood.org/make-donation
- Enter Sponsor Code “0534398” and click on the “Find” button.
- Click on “Click here to schedule an appointment to donate” on the right hand side.
- If your last visit to the site was before November 21, 2011 you will need to register in the new system by clicking on the “Register Now” button.
- Once registered, you can select any of the “available” time slots.
If you need further assistance with scheduling your appointment, contact Dellaoise Saunders at 358-2600
For information on tips for blood donors, visit: http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/tips-successful-donation
« Back to NASA HQ OHP Health Unit