What is PAVE?
PAVE is "Project Announcement Visibility Effort" a
tool used to advertise special project opportunities to HQ and Center
employees. PAVE is a resource for both supervisor and employee to
accomplish the mission of various projects for one time only efforts
that have a start and end date, which can last one week to 12 months.
is designed to openly solicit volunteers for high profile assignments or
special projects, which may lead to greater visibility, and career
enhancement for the volunteer. It is not part of the merit promotion and
competitive placement plan.
How Does PAVE Work?
PAVE is a web-based tool for announcing special project opportunities
and selecting NASA employees for short-term and/or high visibility
projects. PAVE will consist of details, temporary assignments, and other
forms of special assignments on a short-term basis. As such, assignments
range from brief details of a few hours to a full year. These projects
will be posted weekly, or as initiated by the respective organizations.
Every employee will have access to this system for viewing and applying
for announcements. Volunteers must have their supervisor's approval to
participate prior to applying for a project.
What Does PAVE Offer?
- Diverse ideas
- Greater opportunities for individuals who may have less visibility
- Occasionally will lead to opportunities for promotion (specialized experience, visibility)
- Gives potential promotion candidates "dry run" at assuming more responsibility
- Win-win for the volunteer (applicant) and the project manager (hiring official)
Other benefits PAVE offer:
|Managers get snapshots of employees during interviews.
|Managers get to observe employees’ performance on the project.
|Short-term assignments benefit both managers and employees.
Link to PAVE - View Open/Close Announcements: https://smith.hq.nasa.gov/pave/login.cfm
(Note: PAVEs functionality will not work with the FireFox browser.)
How to Access PAVE:
(HQ Supervisors and designated Admin Officers only)
HQ Supervisors and Administrative personnel (creating or approving announcements) must request access/account thru IdMAX. Center Directors and designated Admins have separate instructions for account access ( NHQ Form 224*). In IdMAX go down to:
Account Management - NAMS - 4.3
Request or Modify Application Account
Find Your Application — Center (HQ) Keyword (PAVE) Add to Request . . .
An account administrator will contact you shortly thereafter (approximately 5 days) with your account information.
- Justification — "Access is being requested for PAVE." Include in the justification box, Your User level, i.e., Supervisor /Manager (Create and Approve Inter-office PAVE Announcements), or Admin (Create/initiate PAVE Announcements, then forwarded on to the Supervisor for approval). Include your Manager's/Supervisor's name and phone number and User (Admin, Manager, Supervisor) (You as the requestor) email address and phone number.
- Once this is completed, save your request and submit.
If you need assistance for account access, contact Ebony Stepney AT 202-358-1154