Mission Statement of the NASA Headquarters Library
The NASA HQ Library supports the shared NASA mission of pioneering the future by:
- Enabling HQ staff to increase productivity by offering expert research services of professional librarians, desktop and remote access to electronic information, and a consolidated collection of Headquarters-focused information resources.
- Providing immediate, high-quality information and full service research for senior management and high level agency-wide missions and projects.
- Specializing in the collection, preservation, and dissemination of space policy and management information.
- Fostering learning, information awareness and knowledge management in the area of space and aeronautics, specifically as it relates to policy and management.
- Creating information products that anticipate Headquarters' staff needs.
- Enhancing the public's appreciation of the space program through access to the Library's collection of resources.
Last Updated: November 2004