There is an old joke: "Those who love sausage or respect the law should never see either being made." In order to get the support for its programs, NASA must work with Capitol Hill and the Oval Office. This page lists some basic resources for people who would like to see how the "sausage" of space policy is made in our nation's capitol.
- NASA Office of the General Counsel
- NASA Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs
- The National Academies - The National Academies trace their roots to legislation signed by Abraham Lincoln, who sought impartial scientific advice during the War Between the States.
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Office of Space Commercialization
- GPO Federal Digital System - Includes the full-text of the Budget of the U.S. Government, Catalog of U.S. Government Publications, Code of Federal Regulations, bills, laws, hearings, reports, Congressional Record, Economic Indicators, Federal Register, GAO Comptroller General Decisions, US Code, Supreme Court Decisions, U.S. Government Manual, Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents, and Public Papers of the Presidents.
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
- House Committee on Appropriations
- House Committee on the Budget
- Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Senate Budget Committee