The Headquarters Information Technology and Communications Division (ITCD) manages the cable TV services provided by Washington Cable for television sets throughout the NASA Headquarters building.
Channel numbers differ for digital (newer) TV’s and analog (older) TV’s. Most TV’s at NASA HQ are digital. If you cannot get the Cable News Network (CNN), you may have an analog TV. See the channel lineup below for both digital and analog TV's.
Channel Lineup for Digital (newer) and Analog (older) TV’s
How to Order Cable TV for Your Office or Conference Room
Note: New televisions are no longer supplied to Headquarters personnel. Cable TV requests are only for connecting existing televisions to the Washington Cable TV service.
New Cable TV connection requests are ordered through the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) by calling 358-HELP (4357), or by navigating the ESD web site following these steps:
- Visit the ESD Web Site at https://esd.nasa.gov/ (Note: you may be prompted to enter your Launchpad ID and password)
- On the main page, click on the link labeled Order Services.
- On the next page, click on Communications.
- On the next page in the first column (labeled Center or Facility Services), click on the link HQ-Cable Television.
- On the next page, you will see several choices:
To request a new Cable TV connection, click the “Request Now” button to the right of the item CABLE TELEVISION-HQ – NEW REQUEST. Provide a room number and other details in the fields provided, then click on the “Submit” button.
To request relocating an existing Cable TV connection, click the “Request Now” button to the right of the item CABLE TELEVISION-HQ – MOVE REQUEST. Provide the room number where the connection currently exists, the new room location, and other details in the fields provided. Then click on the “Submit” button.