A variety of Information Technology (IT) equipment is available for loan in the Loaner Pool. Items issued through the loaner pool can be borrowed for a period of up to 2 weeks. All users must sign a loan agreement. The following items can be borrowed:
|Windows Laptop - Full Size
||Aircard - Domestic
| Windows Laptop - Lightweight
||Aircard - International
| Macintosh Laptop - Full Size 15"
||iPhone - Domestic
|Macintosh Laptop - Lightweight
||iPhone - International
|BlackBerry Device - Domestic
|BlackBerry Device - International
||PC Card (aircard) - Domestic
|iPad - International
||MiFi - Domestic
|Hotspot - Domestic
||Android Device - Domestic
Process for Requesting Loaner Pool Equipment
Requests for loaner equipment are initiated through the “Order Services” section of the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) Web site. Submit a request for each device you require:
Go to the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD): https://esd.nasa.gov.
- Click Order Services. The “Service Catalog” window appears.
- Click Computing Seat Services
- Click Other Seat Services
- Click Obtain a Loaner
- Verify the prefilled information under "Order Information" is correct
- Click the drop down arrow for Type of Equipment and make selection.
- If you are requesting a mobile device, add the following statement in the Location for Loaner to be delivered field: "This request is for a cellular/mobile seat ONLY" and specify device (i.e., iPhone, air card, BlackBerry device, etc.)
- If you are requesting gadget for a computing seat, select "Computing Seat" and provide details in the Justification field.
- Enter Start and End dates.
- Enter justification under Business Justification.
- Click Order Now and record your Request ID number
Your request will be sent to your organizations Approver(s), submitted to the ESD, and then assigned to the appropriate service provider. The Loaner Pool Administrator will contact you by phone, e-mail, or calendar invite to arrange a time for you to receive or pickup your requested item(s).
Loaner items needed for more than 2 weeks should be requested through your IT POC and require ITCD approval.
Items borrowed through the loaner pool should be returned directly to the Loaner Pool.
MDM Registration Required
To comply with Agency mandates, loaner pool mobile devices (e.g., smartphones, mobile phones, tablets) will now require Mobile Device Management (MDM) registration when you check-out the device.
The HQ Loaner Pool administrator will assist with the registration. You must have the follwing items to successfully register the loaner device:
The loaner device will not be released until MDM registration is complete.