Pilot of New VoIP Desktop Phone Features – January 12 - 30, 2009
Pilot users of new features on VoIP Desktop phones
January 8, 2009
You have been selected to participate in a pilot study of several new phone features. The pilot will be conducted from Monday, January 12 to Friday, January 30, 2009. Take a moment to explore these features and the documentation posted on the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Web page.
Please provide comments or concerns about the features and/or documentation directly to the HITSS Telecommunication Team (via e-mail to DL-HQ-Telecom) by close of business Friday, January 30.
On Monday, January 12, five new features will be available on your VoIP Desktop Phone. Two of these are automatically enabled for all users:
- View the sender’s phone number and the timestamp of all your voice mail messages in your phone’s display. To insure your privacy, the display only shows your messages after you have called into voice mail and entered your password.
- Continue where you left off in message retrieval when you dial back into voice mail within a few minutes of hanging up or getting disconnected. This is especially helpful if an incoming call interrupts your message retrieval, or if you call into voice mail from a cell phone that drops the call.
Additional options include the ability to:
- Hear voice mail messages as they are being left, and pick-up the call immediately if you wish. You may activate this feature yourself following prompts in the voice mail system. For detailed instructions, see Using New Features of the VoIP Phone System.
- Change the language in which menu items appear on your phone’s display. Contact the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) if you wish to do this.
- Receive a visual signal when another person’s line is busy. Contact the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) if you wish to activate this feature.
Visit the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) Web page to view detailed feature descriptions and user instructions.
VoIP classroom training is available upon request. Individual deskside assistance is also available by appointment. Contact the Computer Training Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-358-1111 to make arrangements.
If you have questions about the VoIP Phone system at Headquarters, contact Mike Barrett at (202) 358-2516.
Should you need assistance, call the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) at 358-HELP (4357) or 1-866-4NASAHQ (462-7247) or send an e-mail.