Follow this link to go to the text only version of nasa.gov
 
HQOPS HOME
ITCD HOME
ABOUT ITCD
POLICY AND PLANS
BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS (NASA ONLY)
IT SECURITY (NASA ONLY)
INFORMATION PROTECTION (NASA ONLY)
CUSTOMER OUTREACH
IT TRAINING
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
PROJECTS & INITIATIVES
INSTRUCTIONS & GUIDELINES
FAQ'S
 
 
  


 
+ ITCD Home > Products & Services > IT Notices > IT Notice
 
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY NOTICE

Account Management of HQ Applications Moving to NAMS – April 20, 2009
NASA HQ IT POC’s
April 20, 2009

The Agency has just released a new version of the NASA Account Management System (NAMS). Please visit the NAMS@HQ Web page for a discussion of what’s new in NAMS 4.0.

On April 20, 2009, 95 percent of custom applications in use at Headquarters will be incorporated into NAMS.  The remaining 5 percent will follow shortly.  Please see the attached spreadsheet for details.

By June, 2009, the transition of management of HQ applications from Check In Check Out (CICO) to NAMS will be complete. After April 20, virtually all requests for new accounts, deactivations, or role modifications within HQ applications will be processed in NAMS. Eventually all CICO functionality will be moved into NAMS. In the interim, however, CICO is still used for Check In’s, Check Out’s, and equipment moves; to request physical assets such as a computer, telephone, or BlackBerry device; and to request access to shared network folders.

Application and system owners will be notified via an IT Notice as soon as their application has been incorporated into NAMS.  Another IT Notice to all users will announce the change in process for requesting access to an HQ application. Documentation for supervisors/NAMS Sponsors and application owners/Approvers will be posted on the NAMS@HQ Web page to assist them in responding to application access requests.

Should you need assistance, call the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) at 358-HELP (4357) or 1-866-4NASAHQ (462-7247) or send an e-mail.


< Back to IT Notices Main



+ Freedom of Information Act
+ Budgets, Strategic Plans and Accountability Reports
+ The President's Management Agenda
+ Privacy Policy and Important Notices
+ Inspector General Hotline
+ Equal Employment Opportunity Data Posted Pursuant
to the No Fear Act

+ Information-Dissemination Priorities and Inventories
+ USA.gov
+ ExpectMore.gov
NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Content: Mary Shouse
NASA Official: Mary Shouse
Site Curator: Christopher Brunner
+ Contact ITCD