Annual IT Security Training – Due May 29, 2009
May 7, 2009
All NASA Headquarters personnel (civil service, detailee, and contractor employees) with IT access, are required to complete annual IT Security Training by Friday, May 29. Failure to complete the training will result in suspension of access to HQ IT resources.
You may choose one of the following training options:
- Complete the appropriate online training course in SATERN
- Attend a 1-hour classroom session
Basic IT Security for 2009: General personnel and contractors
IT Security for Managers 2009: Managers (Branch Chief and higher), Chief Information Officers (CIO's), and IT Program Managers (IT System Owners and personnel approving NASA internal or external/contractor systems to operate)
To complete your training online from any computer with Internet access:
1. Log in to SATERN at https://satern.nasa.gov/elms/learner/login.jsp.
2. In the “Search Catalog” box at the top right of your screen, enter the title of the appropriate course (see above).
3. After completing the course, click on “Learning History.”
4. Click on the “Print Completion Certificate” button, and retain your printed certificate for your records.
NOTE: You must go through the entire course in order to receive a certificate of completion.
HQ Classroom Training
Attending 1-hour classroom training will satisfy the FY09 requirement for all categories. Pre-registration is not required. However, limited seats are available at each session and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Please be sure to sign the attendance roster or no credit will be given.
FY09 IT Security Training Classroom Schedule
For more information, see the HQ IT Security Training Web page.
If, after completing the training, you still have questions about the NASA IT Security Program, contact Greg Kerr, HQ IT Security Manager, at (202) 358-2218.
Should you need assistance, call the
Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) at 358-HELP (4357) or 1-866-4NASAHQ (462-7247)
or send an e-mail.