Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The NASA Headquarters Video Teleconferencing Service (ViTS) allows you to conduct face-to-face meetings with colleagues at other NASA locations and sites all over the world. ViTS conferences can take place between two or more NASA sites; other government agencies; the Canadian, European, Russian, and Japanese Space Agencies; Department of Defense locations; key contractors; universities; virtually any other site with standard, compatible video conferencing capabilities.
We use the latest technology with full-motion video, still or full-motion graphics, and interactive audio to conduct NASA business. This allows faster, more efficient information exchange, and thus greatly increases productivity.
Prior to your meeting, we…
- Provide information, ViTS Facility tours, and consulting for your specific needs
- Schedule, modify, or cancel your meeting and confirm with you
- Receive and prepare your presentation graphics for display
- Send your graphics to the other sites via e-mail or fax
- Prepare the room for your special requirements (easel, slide projector, etc.)
- Make the audio and video connections
During the meeting we ...
- Operate the ViTS Room
- Can record the conference with permission from all participants
- Monitor for audio and video quality
- Assist with computer graphics and Internet connections
- Provide administrative and clerical support
- Extend the meeting if facilities are available
- Send your meeting out on the Internet with your permission
After the meeting we...
- Provide limited administrative follow-up services
- Conduct a continuous Quality Assurance Program to serve our customers better
ViTS conferences can take place between two or more NASA sites; other government agencies; the Canadian, European, Russian, and Japanese Space Agencies; Department of Defense locations; key contractors; universities; virtually any other site with standard, compatible video conferencing capabilities.
What YOU Do…
1. Simply provide the information we need to schedule your conference
- Click here to send an E-Mail Request
- Click here to receive a printable Fax Form
- Call us at 202-358-0146
- Or visit the ViTS Facility in Room CD61
2. Approve your conference as we scheduled it
3. Prepare for your meeting
Note: Don't forget to contact us to modify or cancel your conference if your plans change
What WE Do…
The NASA Headquarters ViTS Coordinators will do the rest.
- Determine ViTS availability and schedule your meeting or provide alternate dates and times
- Get your approval
- Schedule your meeting with the service provider
- Confirm the meeting as scheduled
- Provide other Services before, during, and after your conference to meet your needs