The Geologic Investigation of the Taurus-Littrow Valley: Apollo 17 Landing Site
Geological Survey Professional Paper 1080
Edward W. Wolfe, Norman G. Bailey, Baerbel K. Lucchitta, William R. Muehlberger, David H. Scott, Robert L. Sutton, and Howard G. Wilshire
US Government Printing Office, Washington, 1981
The samples, photographs, and descriptions analyzed and interpreted in this Professional Paper are the result of the geological field work of Harrison H. Schmitt and Eugene A. Cernan, the lunar surface crew of the Apollo 17 mission, December 11-14, 1972.
Scanned and converted to PDF format by Brian McInall.
Plates 1 to 9 scanned by Paul White.
Last revised 14 December 2015
Adobe Acrobat Reader, required to read PDF files, can be downloaded at no cost.
- Cover, Abstract, Introduction, Premission Geologic Interpretations, Exploration Objectives and Plan, Traverse Geology and Samples, Classification of Samples, LM/ALSEP/SEP Area Location
- Plate 1: Geologic Map of the Taurus-Littrow Area (9 Mb)
- Plate 2: Detailed Geologic Map of Apollo 17 Landing Site (9 Mb)
- LM/ALSEP/SEP Area : Geology and Samples
- Station 1, LRV Stops LRV-1, 2, and 3 : Geology and Samples
- Station 2 Geology and Samples
- Station 2a (LRV-4), Station 3, LRV-5, 6, Station 4, LRV-7, 8 : Geology and Samples
- Station 5, LRV-9, 10 , Station 6 : Geology and Samples
- Station 7, LRV-11, Station 8 : Geology and Samples
- Station 9, LRV-12 : Geology and Samples
- Geologic Synthesis
( 4.9Mb )
- Apollo 17 Lunar Surface Photography
( 0.7Mb )