Procurement Information Circular
August 17, 2000
REQUIREMENT FOR VENDOR REGISTRATION IN THE DOD CENTRAL CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION (CCR) DATABASE
PURPOSE: To provide guidance on the procedure for vendor registration in the Central Contractor Registration database.
BACKGROUND: NASA is proceeding with implementing a new Agency-wide accounting software system that will include financial and procurement data. The system will allow NASA to carry out its financial management functions, execute financial operations of the Agency, and report on the Agency's financial status to internal and external customers. NASA anticipates converting existing center vendor files into one vendor file for use throughout the Agency. To assist with data conversion to the new system, NASA has selected the Department of Defense Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database for its data conversion baseline. When a vendor registers in CCR, they are assigned a Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) Code, which is the tool NASA has chosen for data conversion to its new accounting software system.
A. Vendor Registration:
- New awards: NFS Section 1804.7402 requires that all NASA prospective contractors must be registered in CCR prior to award of a contract, purchase order, basic agreement, basic ordering agreement, or blanket purchase agreement after March 31, 2001. This policy applies to all types or awards except purchases made with a Government-wide purchase card, awards made to foreign vendors for work performed outside the United States, and purchases under FAR 6.302-2, Unusual and Compelling Urgency. Vendors should register in CCR prior to this effective date to allow for timely awards. The vendor is solely responsible for self-registering in the CCR database, creating a trading partner profile (TPP) and updating their company information annually. The preferred and most expedient method for vendor registration is by registering electronically through the following website address: http://www.ccr2000.com. Complete and accurate electronic registrations are processed within 48 hours. Vendors can call 888-CCR-2423 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST Monday through Friday for registration questions or assistance, or to obtain a registration form and instructions. Registration of an applicant submitting an application through a method other than the internet may take up to 30 days.
- Existing awards: All existing awards must be modified to include NFS 1852.204-74, Central Contractor Registration, except for those awards anticipated to be administratively closed by March 31, 2001, or any documents that will not be converted to the new accounting system. As part of the annual review of basic agreements, basic ordering agreements, and blanket purchase agreements, contracting officers must modify these agreements to incorporate the clause at 1852.204-74, Central Contractor Registration.
- Accessing CCR:
Each Center should designate a CCR/CAGE Code point of contact(s) who will be responsible for obtaining CAGE Codes from the CCR database and populating the new accounting system vendor file.
The following steps will assist the designated Center point of contact(s) in accessing the CCR database to obtain the vendor CAGE code:
- Go to: http://www.ccr2000.com;
- Click on the "Search CCR Database" icon;
- Type in DUNS Number, if known;
- Click on the Search button next to the DUNS Number Plus 4;
- If DUNS Number is unknown, type in the company name or a partial company name next to the "Company Name" icon;
- Click on the Search button next to "Company Name";
- If more than one division exists for that particular company, you may scroll down the list to select the company location or division desired (if the division you are searching for does not appear, check to make sure that you have entered the legal name of the company exactly as it appears on the company Representations and Certifications, e.g., The Boeing Company, not Boeing Company);
- Click on the company location or division desired.
- The inquiry results will give you: a) the current registration status of the vendor; b) General information including DUNS, DUNS+4, CAGE code, legal business name, address, business start date; c) corporate status; d) business type; and e) standard industrial codes (SIC codes).
- Verify that CCR inquiry results are consistent with Center vendor files and update the Center vendor file with current information.
- Enter the prospective vendor's CAGE code into the Administrative Management System (AMS).
EFFECTIVE DATE: This PIC is effective as dated and shall remain in effect until canceled or superseded.
HEADQUARTERS CONTACT: Barbara Cephas, Code HC, (202) 358-0465, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
R. Scott Thompson
Director, Contract Management Division